Thursday, July 4, 2013

Stories at the Opposite Ends

Writing Journal: Started out on The Adjusters #44, temporarily titled Awash. That one should be straightforward to write. Now, if I can get it and #45 done this month, then I'll be in a good spot for the rest of the summer. I also finally nailed a plot hole in Book IV this afternoon that had been bugging me for a while, so I'm happy. It looks like Book IV will take us to #50, if I can resist my urge to overcomplicate things.



Happy Independence Day if you're in the US. If not, well, happy fourth day of the month of July anyway, as arbitrary as that may sound.

Over at the EMCSA, Thrall has been posting a new story called Sleepwalkers: “The battle for an empire grows desperate after a leading Resistance figure is brainwashed.” A very interesting story. As I wrote elsewhere, this is a sci-fi story with erotic mind-control elements, as opposed to an erotic mind-control story with sci-fi elements. I'm really keen on seeing where this goes. It's induction heavy, and the sex is not quite the kind I usually go for (it's very subdued), but the mind-fucking is pretty hot. Read it if you're into dystopias. Also: Thrall has some posts about the background on her stories and behind-the-scenes discussions, the kind of stuff I love reading about.

At the complete opposite end of the spectrum, I ran across the stories of Mark Singer over at Literotica, which are fun light romps without a lot of drama to them, but that are basically sex, sex, sex—in some case, blow jobs, blow jobs, blow jobs. Case in point, Jennifer: “High school guy gets a shot at his dream girl.” That dream girl, Jennifer is young, beautiful, loves to tease, and has a pretty intense addiction to sucking cock. What's not to like?

6 comments:

  1. I have a question BT3, while all of Jenns story is going on whats Daniel doing? When we last left him Calypso was acting/reading Jenns Charlie story. Do we really have to wait until book five or will you be hinting towards Daniel in Book 4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't entirely decided yet. But it's looking like there's no nice place to inject the Daniel thread into Book IV. (In some sense, it mirrors Book III that way.)

      I intend to try something different in V, where we revisit pretty much everyone. Now how to do that without it overwhelming every reader is what's next on my plotting stack after I figure out exactly how I can tie everything in IV together into a nice little bow.

      Delete
    2. okay i guess i'll have to wait and see how i turns out :P. Thanks for writing such a great story

      Delete
    3. My pleasure. Sorry I couldn't just satisfy on the spot for this one.

      Delete
  2. From danny123

    A suggestion. What if Danny comes across some files on a computer at ADCorp that gives him this information. He will then discover that instead of the DIK girls being dead, they are very much alive. Plus it may lead to a cure for Jenn because the files may contain info about what the good Doctor had developed. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Just a thought" — and a good one at that. Thanks danny123.

      Delete