Friday, May 10, 2013

Honeymoon Gone Awry

Writing Journal: I'm writing The Adjusters #41 and #42 more or less in parallel. I'm trying my hardest, within the bounds of the time that I have, to knock them out as fast as I can so that I can move on to #43 and #44 and give me some welcome buffer room. We'll see how well I can get that to work. The biggest writing decision right now, the one over which I'm going back and forth and probably won't nail until I've started on #43, is whether to have Book IV exclusively from Jenn's perspective, or allow some back and forth with another character.



I still haven't finished digesting the comments I'm receiving for Charlie and the Convent of Oblivion, so I'll wait a bit to comment myself. Probably this weekend.

In the meantime, here's a long story that I'm in the middle of reading. It's Honeymoon Gone Awry, by Kirk: “This is the story of Julie and Doug, two young newlyweds who are very much in love. Our story begins on their wedding day as they drive to their honeymoon suite in Lake George. A flat tire changes the course of their lives in a dramatic way.” This one has humiliation aplenty, a reluctant wife that slowly, ever so slowly, gets turned, and a poor husband who has to suffer as well, for several different reasons. A really great read.

Edit: oops. Forgot the post title.

10 comments:

  1. I for one am waiting patiently, well truth be told not that patiently, tomorrow would be nice. Your the writer, we will wait because this is such a great story. If I have any thoughts it would be mostly Jenn with cross over to Daniel looking for her and trying to figure out what and how they did it. Straight ahead BT#.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Judd the next book should be mostly jenn but we need insight to daniels struggles to find her. Less about ascorp more about daniel trying to find jenn and hide her from his bosses, but i am just a ravanous fan . . . keep up the great work BT3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Input received and understood. A lot of this (as it often happens with this story) will depend on how the story unfolds as I write it. Cutting away to Daniel may or may not break the rhythm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I am definitely not a writer, I understand ebb and flow. I am fully aware that the story will unfold on its own and go where it goes on its own. Let flow, quickly please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniel was left in a very interesting moment, when Calypso was about to read some hot stuff for him... Shame we wouldn't see where this went...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A book from Jenn's perspective would be very interesting indeed! I remember A Day in the Life(III) and thought how intriguing it was to explore a character who is essentially trapped in her own mind but has occasional rules to work around and work with, and getting that dialog from her voice instead of via 3rd parties. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    -vort

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I, frankly. I'll be happy if it turns out half decent.

      Delete
  7. It will turn out great as has all the chapters so far. I eagerly look forward to all the new stuff coming. I just am restless and need new input soonest. Keep going we are all behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. danny123 -

    I admit that I would like a dual approach. One showing what Jenn is going through and the other the continuing adventures of Daniel and is hunt to find Jenn. It would be most interesting to see how these two parts slowly but steadily come together. We might be able to see how any clues that Jenn sprinkles into her stories eventually lead to her rescue. I do not think one can eliminate ADCorp from the picture. For it seems to me that it and Daniel are linked in some way. That too would be fascinating to see what it is. Just my thoughts. As always keep up the good work and as now become my ending, eagerly waiting for the next installment.

    ReplyDelete