Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Couple of Good Long Stories

Writing Journal: Merrily revising The Adjusters #42 for posting tomorrow night. It's not easy: that installment is completely different from all the previous ones. Earlier this week, I also finished a first pass at #43. And looking at 41–44, I'm noticing that the pacing is slow. Too slow? I don't know. But I suspect (better: hope) that it will pick up some, otherwise, it's going to be one hell of a long book, and that's not going to be good for anybody. (I'd love for Book IV to be about the same length as Book III.)



June's been busy. Too busy. I owe some of you folks email responses—don't worry, they're coming. I have not forgotten nor dismissed. I'm also experiencing my usual late Spring downswing in morale. Put it all together, my smut reading has taken a hit, and so I have less to report than usual.

Still, a couple of very good stories have made their way across my screen—many of them via Djian Understories.

The best find was a story by Velvetglove, Primevil Vignettes (Book One)—Blessed are the Meek: “Multi-part, multi-character, non-consensual saga set in an imaginary country ruled by a dictatorship (the first of seven Books)” Nice setup, very well written, and some clever hot ideas and awesome sex. One of those stories that I wish I had written. I really hope the author goes through their plan to write seven books in that universe. Highly recommended.

I don't think I've ever mentioned this one, but on the previous iteration of Understories I ran across this story by Wilcox010, Summer's Blackmail: “Sexy teacher stumbles her way into trouble.” Another teacher-blackmailed-by-a-student story, that uses a nice little twist at the beginning that unfortunately is not quite followed through the whole way (which I think would have led to something even better) but the story is still good, and may press your buttons if you're into, well, teachers being blackmailed into sex. (Here's a link to the story on Literotica, which may be a bit faster.)

Finally, a couple of new chapters to Kirk's Marlene’s Story have been added since the last time I talked about it. The story still holds up, and it's still a hot read.



4 comments:

  1. Please try not to make Book IV too slow. :(

    This is probably due to the posting format of once a month, (I'm sure if I read it all in bulk it wouldn't have this issue) but I've already found that this segment of the story has taken too long to get going. (We spent two months on the Charlie story and then another month with a prologue that has Jenn comatose during its entirety).

    Well, this might be premature, since you haven't even posted chapter 42 yet. :) Please, keep up the good work! I complain because I care.

    But keep up the pacing in mind! Some of your readers are going stir crazy at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I don't like slow pacing either, which is why this is bugging me a bit. But I can only write what feels right, and that seems to have served the story well until now, so I have to trust my instincts.

      It's true that the Charlie story should have been shorter, though.

      But the prologue had a role to play.

      We can do a postmortem after Book IV is completed.

      Delete
  2. I too enjoy Velvetglove's stories but he never seems to finish them which proves a bit frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping he finishes this one, or at least, gets far enough into it that he reaches the point where I don't like it anymore *grin*.

      Delete