Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Smorgasbord of Stories

Writing Journal: Finished the first draft of The Adjusters #38. The last few scenes, which I had well in head, went rather quickly. Writing's amazing when it just flows out of you. When it doesn't, it's torture. Started on #39, which is looking like it's going to be fun, if headache-y.



Slowly coming out of a weeks-long flu, in which even thinking about what to have for dinner turned out to be difficult. (But I still managed to write a bit of smut every day. As I said above, it just flowed... Everything else, not so much.) This goes a long way to explain my scarcity from these parts...

Here's a random bunch of stories that I've read while bed-ridden, in no particular order. Bit of an MC bend to them, but not exclusively. Enjoy.

The Body Scanner, by Wouldnitbnice: “Walter Stiltson creates a next generation airport security Body Scanner that he discovers has a very powerful mind control capability.” This story is ongoing on the EMCSA, and it's interesting structurally, shifting between three overlapping points of view. And also rather hot.

Heels in Bed, by Russeltrust: “Nick comes home to surprise from his wife.” A short story without much of a plot, really, but the dialogue just gets to me.

Me and Mrs. Jones, by Stormbringer. No official description, but it's the story of an eighteen year boy learning about sex, Stormbringer-style. If you know the author, you know more or less what to expect. If you don't know the author, then you definitely should read it.

Twist, by Wwwalla: “Tommy discovers he is able to profoundly change the women around him.” A long story about a guy that learns that he can twist minds, and the tragicomical outcomes that follow. Incest in this one.

Making Scents, by Boratus: “Donald uses pheromones to make himself irresistible.” I thought I had given a pointer to this one already, but it doesn't look like it. Yet another story in the guy-discovers-a-scent-that-drives-women-crazy genre. Nice, long, involved, and with good character development. And of course, hot unbridled sex!

6 comments:

  1. I am writing as I have been enjoying your Adjuster series as well as the other stories. It has been along time since I have read a series like this that has so many different directions it could go or maybe will go. What happend to Jenn, What is happening to Jenn, What is ADcorp Really, Is there more to the kitten tales. You just amaze me. If you ever need a sounding borad, please feel free to contact me, I would love to be of help. e-mail is buff0626@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the story, and thanks for letting me know.

      All excellent questions, the bulk of which I sincerely hope to answer.

      (The only reason I'm using "hope to" instead of "will" is in case one of the answers requires me to go in a direction that will take away from the main thrust of the story. But I view that possibility as unlikely.)

      Delete
  2. I was just doing some rereading, at open house and bored, it cannot be an accident the Jenn calls Biff "big guy" and Daniel "lover" or am I reading to much into this, again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. danny123 -

    Interesting observation by Denson. I took the reference to Biff as "big guy" due to his bulk and maybe the size of his member and the "lover" for Daniel because that is in fact what he is to Jenn. I feel the author had intentionally used the phrases to emphasize that Jenn knew that she was "forced" to do Biff's bidding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figured that Biff got the name Big guy because of his size and I figured he made Jenn call him that. I also figured the Jenn refers to Daniel as Lover because she always did and Its one of the ways she is trying to ell him thats something has happen to her as Biff told her she could not tell anyone what had happened to her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you both nailed it in those two last comments. Programming doesn't wipe out a personality, it just adjusts bits of it. I suspect Biff really liked being called 'big guy', and he probably got a kick out of Jenn calling Daniel 'lover' knowing that she wouldn't get to screw him anymore. Or at least that's my own best guess knowing who's who.

    ReplyDelete