Sunday, February 24, 2013

Weekend Stories

Writing Journal: Midway through The Adjusters #39. It really wants to be longer than a single installment, and I'm loath to break it up. It'll need some serious work to chop it down to size. Thankfully, I overwrite like crazy, so it shouldn't be too difficult. Oh, and I think I got the title for Book IV: Running to Stand Still.



Sadly, I've found little on the EMCSA that has grabbed my attention lately. I'm not entirely sure why. It may just be a mood thing.

I had high hopes for Isn’t It Good, His Morning Wood, by Only A. Passenger: “At the beginning, Mark isn’t sure if he suffers or enjoys certain side-effects of the medical trial he’s taking part in. It doesn’t take long before he’s determined to enjoy them, very much—if he can figure out how to control it all, that is.” But I just can't get into it. The writing's a bit too... I don't know... odd for my taste right now. Don't get me wrong, it's well written. Maybe that's it—it's too well written. Very metaphorical, almost ethereal. Have a look and judge for yourself, as it may just be up your alley.

On the flip side, Rikimaru posted the last chapter of their story In Heat which I talked about before. A nice ending to a nice story.

Over on Literotica, we have a sweet short mind-control story, Compromised, by Ironiclaconic: “Save your marriage or your money back.” I really love the idea underlying this story, and it's a lot sweeter than what I usually point you to. Just to show you that I'm not all angst all the time.

There's also a new wife-sharing story I'm following, The Convention, by Feverman. No official description, but the author says, “The Convention is a hard-core, wife-watching novella that eventually involves corruption, attempted blackmail, betrayal, revenge and heaping helping of forbidden sex of various kinds.” I know, right? Who can resist that? To be fair, knowing the author, I doubt it's going to go that dark, but I've still got my hopes up. (The author also has another story with a similar theme, although with no threat of blackmail or corruption, The Week.)

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about the book 4 title. At first I didn't really understand it. However, as I thought about it, the story written so far, all the speclulation stuff written and read, I think its brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like. I admit, I like it because it fits for several reasons that we can bat back and forth once Book IV is done.

      Delete