Sunday, March 24, 2013

Djian Understories

Writing Journal: Finished The Adjusters #39, and started on #42. Turns out that #39 ended up way too long (I don't have actual numbers just yet because about half the story is written longhand in a notebook, but I estimate it must hit the 20000 words mark), and probably needs to be split in two, so #39 and #40 will be about Charlie, Jenn's fictional character. Then #41 is the prologue of Book IV, for which I have a few scenes already, but before writing the prologue I want to get started on Book IV proper, which brings us to #42. So there. I'm not claiming it makes sense at this point, but it might once you read it.



You folks may or may not have noticed, but Djian Understories has a new look. I find the current site a bit confusing to navigate, but that's probably just because I've not internalized the new layout yet, or the updating philosophy.

Still, a couple of oldish stories are being republished on it that are worth reading. They all have something going for them, and with a strong blackmailing theme running through them, either explicit or implicit.

Cheerleader's Torment, by James Dawson: “Kate finally was accepted by cheerleader squad, but only after she passed the test, which no girl wanted to talk about.”

Fulfilling the Prerequisite, by Abob1: “A college girl must submit to her TA.”

Aubree's First Apartment, by Doc Sexaday: “Aubree was young and on her own. She had her first apartment and a promising college education ahead of her. The bad news for Aubree was Winston. He had dirt on Aubree and blackmail was in order.”

5 comments:

  1. So, 39 next month and 40 a month after this? Oh the torment of anticipation! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I just want to see what Jenn is up to aka book 4.....but alas i will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not just give us both 39 and 40 in one month? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Short answer: lack of time to revise. I can write reasonably fast, but the price to pay for that speed is that the result requires a nontrivial amount of work to make it readable and palatable. Trust me, I wish it were otherwise too.

    ReplyDelete