Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Long Mind-Control Story

Writing Journal: Recovering from the mad dash editing and rewriting The Adjusters #33. If you're curious, the scene I had to rewrite was the scene with Elizabeth Bowden, which needed work after I revised some stuff that happens later on in #35/36. Now that #33 is out, I can now go back to #35 (do I really only have two installments in the buffer—crap!) and start writing about Daniel and Shawbank's meeting with their suspect.



I ran across a long mind-control story I was utterly unaware of over the weekend, and I started reading it, but I'm maybe just a third into it. But it's been good until now, which gives me good hope that it will remain good for a while longer.

It's My Only Talent, by Conanthe: “Listening for the Suzie Signal.” Good ol' Literotica and it's somewhat unhelpful summaries. Basically, it's the story of a guy with an interesting skill, namely that he can get signals from girls that are interested in him, which essentially guarantees him a good time. (The first girl he experiences this with was called Suzie, thus his name for the signals: Suzy Signals. As I said, somewhat unhelpful summaries...) The girls are pretty, the sex is hot, and the main character is actually quite likable. Most importantly, it's all fun, at least for the bits that I've read. I so wish I could write fun light-hearted stuff. But no, when I grab a keyboard, what comes out, no matter how light it starts, soon turns dark and twisted. My burden...

No comments:

Post a Comment