Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Catching Up With My Reading

Writing Journal: Sometimes it's good that my writing is a bit slow these days. Earlier this evening, I solved a plot problem I did not even know was bothering me, and which should lead to a nice development later on. Even if it doesn't make it into #64, it will make it in #65.



I haven't read much smut over the Holidays; being around family will do that to you. Still, there are a few things I can mention.

A nice series started on the EMCSA a few months ago, Tolerance by Ice Bear: “Introverted college student DJ suddenly realizes the people around him are suddenly being much more accomodating to him.” Guy with MC power goes on a fun spree (at least, up to the point where I've read it). But it's not of the go-into-yer-head-and-plant-commands variety exactly, which is always nice.

Some of what I've read has been in e-books.

Someone in the comments recommended Kenny Wright's Training to Love It. I have it but have not read it yet. I'm keeping it warm for the right weekend. (Part 2 of 3 is now out I see).

I did read Max Sebastian's The Game. This book is more effective for me than his previous ones—it's a bit darker, for once, which I enjoy in my smut. Sebastian's writing generally leaves me a little bit cold, I do not know why. But he has been more to my tastes lately, and this one keeps in the progression.

And in case you worry I'm striving too far on the hotwife theme in my reading, don't worry. I've greatly enjoyed the first book in Charles Arnold's The Penitent series. It is deliciously (sometimes disgustingly) twisted in places, and hits a lot of buttons I have. I've read Book 1 of 4, and if the rest of the series remains faithful to the first one, I'll be a happy puppy.

Maybe I need a slogan to close off my blog posts. Ain't that what the cool kids are doing these days? Keep on smuttin'. Nah...

No comments:

Post a Comment