Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Couple of Fifth Chapters

Writing Journal: Nothing to report. Just adding my daily bits to The Adjusters #44. Biggest decision is whether to have Jenn in a little black dress or in lingerie.



Drive-by blog post. Just saying hi, wanting to thank you all for the comments you dropped over the last few days—you folks are great, I want you to know that.

Meanwhile, a couple of stories I'm following have dropped new chapters this past week.

First, Kirk has a new chapter (the fifth) of Marlene's Story, which I talked about before. Still good, and taking an interesting direction that will probably get even darker.

Second, DocCIS has a new chapter (also the fifth) of Lapdancing Girlfriend, which I also talked about before. That's one woozy of a chapter—seemingly more than 150000 words, longer than Book I of The Adjusters. (And people say that I overwrite!) Despite its length, the chapter very much follows in the threads of the previous ones, so if you liked them, you should like this one. Not a lot of development, though, which is okay because the sex is hot, but I feel the story should kick a bit faster given that we are really focusing on a single character. Still, hot read.

15 comments:

  1. B3 regarding your decision on a little black dress or lingerie may I suggest which ever one makes Jennifer more self conscious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, that's not a bad way to decide... not a bad way to decide at all. *thinking* *thinking*

      Delete
    2. Thank you B3, the reason I suggest which ever one makes Jennifer more self conscious is it would perhaps demonstrate the "old" Jennifer is slowly coming back or is still in there.

      Delete
  2. Quick question to BT3 and Kathy, was Jenn ever self conscious? Even normal Jenn was highly sexual albiet only with Daniel but still, had she not been with Daniel i could see Jenn as a DIK girl or maybe even a vitim of a Special. Just a thought . . . oh and go with lingerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The answer depends a bit on what exactly you mean by self-conscious, but the responses below do match my own vision of Jenn: confident in her sexuality, knowing what she likes, more private than exhibitionistic (as opposed to, say, Cindy) but with a playful streak that could overcome some reticences she might have had.

      Delete
  3. Hi Eddie, in my opinion yes Jennifer is self conscious, there was nothing about her not being self conscious up to the point she wound up with Biff. How she is with Daniel in private I do not think can be construed that that is how she is with everyone. If I am remembering correctly when Daniel had her go flirt with Jackson she was hesitant but then got into it more so in my opinion to tweak Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. B3...pls ck your email...I've sent you a message GKinaski

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it, don't worry. Though I won't be able to act on it until the end of the weekend.

      Delete
  5. From danny123

    I agree with Kathy and Eddie, Jenn strikes me as someone who can be self-conscious, but she is definitely a very sexual person and adventurous. Not to mention that she is very strong willed, given that she has retained her sanity after going through everything she has. My feeling about Jenn is that she knows who she is and comfortable in her own skin. A very appealing way to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That also shows when Biff orders Jenn to cut off Daniels dick and shes doesn't do it. She raises the knife but does not bring it down and Biff knocks her to the ground. I think this is where she starts to realize that she may be able to break out of the controls that have been placed on her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. danny123

    Between the above and Cindy's ability to come out of it on her own the foundations for reversing Jenn's condition? It will be interesting to see if these ideas are used near the conclusion of this story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had forgotten about Cindy so my theory holds water. It will be very interesting to see how this turns out. I realize Cindy broke away from the frats bracelets but she still reacts to the medallion but coupled with Jenns resistance to Biff orders against Daniel.......Interesting indeed. Too steal a phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here is an interesting thought....what if Cindy did not break free but was just following her programming to seduce Daniel to get him to break-up and forget about Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, I don't think so as she pulled her bracelet off and threw it away. She may have some left over bleed over but I'm pretty sure shes on the level.

    ReplyDelete