Sunday, March 16, 2014

Mulling Over Possible Futures

Writing Journal: It's been a while I haven't updated you all about the state of the writing. I'm about to finish The Adjusters #50, which is pretty straightforward except for a bit of a plot point that I need to figure out because it's key to something in Book V (as far as I can tell). And then on to #51, which is still fuzzier in my head than I would really like.



In the past few months, I've been getting story ideas that for the first time in a long time, I haven't been tempted to push into The Adjusters's storyline. Which is great because it shows that at some subconscious level, I have a much better sense of where I want the story to go before it winds down to its conclusions.

But that does beg the question: what to do with the extra ideas that are bouncing around in my head? I mentioned some of them before, and at some point I will want to let them out. And I've been meaning to try my hand at self-publishing, like every other smut author out there, so maybe that's one outlet for those extra stories—a good forcing function. I don't know yet. I'm still mulling it over. Would you folks want to know about those if I ever end up publishing them?

Don't worry, though, because whatever happens, The Adjusters will remain free, and will continue coming out in monthly installments. At least, until it's done.

Your reading recommendation for this post is a sweet little mind-control story from ElSol, Your Guardian Angel : “A teenage boy. A lamp. A genie.” Exactly what you expect, yet different. Nice story, great sex, clever development.

3 comments:

  1. danny123

    I would have no problem if you decided to publish your stories and get paid for it. I have enjoyed your stories to date, especially the Adjusters series. I will post my comments on the recent edition of the series in a few days. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great writer and should presue it where ever it goes. The Adjusters story proves it. I enjoy this story and am looking forward to book 5 and the conclusion of book 4. The adjusters has so may different ways it could go along with your own story. I wish I could write as i have some off shoot ideas but they need to wait until you finish your story. Just keep going, we your fans, are with you always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks folks. I appreciate the support. I'll toy with the idea and keep you up to date with the progress, if there's any.

    Funny thing is, I suspect that at least for the short term, if I do self-publish anything, it will be short stories—the funny bit is that I'm actually not crazy about *reading* short stories, since I tend to enjoy my stories long-winded and with lots of development. Writing them is fine though, even if they do have a tendency to want to morph into longer tales much to my dismay.

    As it is, the biggest risk is probably that I start sweating every single detail of the process of producing e-books...

    ReplyDelete