Saturday, October 15, 2011

On the Road

Writer's Journal: I had time to kill this morning, so I put in a good 1500 words on The Adjusters #25. And I think I figured out the sex scene in that one too, although it might require me to borrow some details that I was planning to push to #26 or #27. So all in all, a good last few days writing. It's also good for me to remember that this is just a story, and just a stroke story at that. It ain't no Great American Novel.



I'm on the road for the weekend, so I don't have a lot to offer.

I'll leave you with a deliciously nasty story that seems to be ongoing, by Wontworry, called Whatever you want. No description, but it's basically the story of a woman who gets “tricked”, if you will, into submitting to a rather sick man. I just love the fact that he gets her to play-act. Just love it. I don't want to know what that says about my psyche tonight. Some things are better left untouched.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it's just a stroke story, where the hero receives allegorical paintings, representing him and his ex-fiance. A stroke story where you have to look up quotes from dead, white, european philosophers.

    I hate to break it to you, but you're not the next Barbara Cartland. You're unlikely to appear on the cover of Time magazine. But your story has some merit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I didn't even see the allegory in the painting. That's a bit scary, right there.

    For the record, I have no desire to be the next Barbara Cartland. (I'd rather be the next Agatha Christie, but that's just me.) And the cover of Time magazine is probably more responsibility than I'd like. And I can just *hear* the mockery from my friends who're gonna ask me when I'm posing for Playgirl next. (And that's scary too.)

    While I'm glad you think the story has some merit, I'm going to presume because you're here that you actually enjoy it. And if so, thank you.

    ReplyDelete