Thursday, March 24, 2011

"Take This Seat", and Dialogue-Based Stories

Well, at least I am par for the course with late postings this week. Not much to report on the writing front, as I'm recharging my batteries. Although I have been trying to put my notes for the latter half of The Adjusters Book II in some kind of order to see if they hold together and what needs tweaking.

There was a nice story posted at the EMCSA over the weekend that really got to me. Take This Seat, by Blue Kahuna: "A woman is very accommodating to the man with a remote control who sits next to her at the cafe." Actually, Part 2 was posted over the weekend -- part 1 back in December -- and I found Part 2 especially good in that it is essentially all dialogue. I like stories that revolve only around dialogue. I find it difficult to pull off well, but when it works, it really works. There's an element of indirectness there, where you do not get the events but rather the description of the events by someone else that gets to me. I suspect that's more or less why you have people in my stories often tell stories to other people, to compound this element.

It's impossible to talk about dialogue-based smut without mentioning the master in the genre, V. P. Viddler, who posted copiously more than a decade ago. All of his stories (I'll use 'he', but to be honest I have no clue) in his Fantasia series are long dialogues, and all revolve around bondage, torture, and humiliation. Here is a link to nearly a hundred of those. I always had a fondness, personally, for The Doorman, and Sid's Toy.

5 comments:

  1. 1 week away from chapter 15- Jenn's POV scene-ooh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that was #18? which means 1 week and 3 months away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @met - your enthusiasm is heartwarming.

    Sadly, I'm afraid @blahsz is right in that the POV episodes are a bit further down the pipe.

    (Exactly when depends on the revisions to upcoming episodes -- still a bit of a mess there.)

    There's a little something to explore before getting to the POVs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought 15 was a jenn pov scene. though 18 was a day in the life of the DIK girls (serena and kyra). my bad

    ReplyDelete
  5. @met - no worries. Around #18 is indeed the "a day in the life" sequence that is going to be POV, and Jenn is in there. The confusion's understandable. (Plus I keep changing my mind, which doesn't help *grin*).

    ReplyDelete