Sunday, March 27, 2011

Saturday Random Links

I am not a particularly avid fan of mainstream American XXX adult entertainment, but a friend of mine is a big fan of Kayden Kross, and I have to admit that the girl is easy on the eye. And she seems to play the naughty girlfriend/wife very well -- at least in Love and Marriage, which is the one movie I've seen of her.

So if not mainstream American XXX adult entertainment, what am I a big fan of? Glad you asked. I like Mario Salieri's work, although perhaps more in the 1990s than recently. Eros & Thanatos is one of my favorites. And it's easy to see why: blackmail, coercion, beautiful women...

I follow a bunch of blogs about writing. On the comic side, I'm partial to How To Write Badly Well, which focuses on what not to do. Some of them hit a little bit too close to home, such as Solve Mysteries by Introducing More Mysteries.

This is a clever advertisement gimmick...

I believe everyone should have a basic grasp of feminist theory, if only because it provides for a refreshing alternative to the standard (at least in the West) societal discourse. Here is a required primer on rape culture. You may agree, you may disagree, but at the very least you have to be aware of the discussion. Then you can take that discussion and apply it to standard media images, such as this advertising campaign, or even the one in the previous bullet point. Fascinating stuff. Of course, one may ask how I can reconcile my writing coercive smut and my appreciation of feminist theory. The answer is left as an exercise to the reader. (Hint: it has little to do with sex.)

On a much lighter note, the following review of the current Batman: Odyssey series by Neal Adams is hilarious, and also makes me want to actually read the series. It sounds demented.

Again, no point leaving you without smut to read. I reacquainted myself with an old favorite of mine this week, EngineX's mind-control story Kirsty and the Slob: "Kirsty takes an instinctive dislike to an unpleasant stranger on the train, but soon finds herself compelled to do exactly as he says. For his own part the stranger finds Kirsty a very attractive proposition and is soon planning for her long term future. The plans have little to do with the young woman's welfare and everything to do with his own satisfaction..." The stereotype of the disgusting controller, pushed to its limit.

3 comments:

  1. its the 2nd Saturday and still no #15

    ReplyDelete
  2. while we all want it to be posted, lets try to be patient. there was no post wed either, lets hope the author is ok.

    ReplyDelete